Types of personal information collected
The types of personal information that we collect and hold will vary depending on your dealings with us. The information may include any or all of the following:
- Name, address(es), telephone numbers(s) and other contact details:
- Electronic address(es);
- Payment information such as credit card or bank details;
- Other personal information required to provide our services; and
- Transaction details relating to your use of our products, services or benefits
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or benefits you have requested.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
- When you submit information through our website;
- In person;
- In the course of us providing you with a requested product, service or benefit; or
- When you have other dealings with us.
We collect personal information through:
- Our related bodies corporate;
- Our business partners; and
- Third parties who supply services to us.
Why we collect, use and disclose personal information
We will collect personal information for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain your relationship with us;
- To provide the products or services you have requested from us; or
- To answer any inquiry you make
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as:
- Manufacturers and suppliers; couriers and delivery contractors;
- Marketing consultants and promotions companies; website hosts; and
- Consultants and professional advisers.
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from:
- Our related bodies corporate
The direct marketing may relate to:
- Our products and services;
- The products and services of other parties
- New development we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
How we store and protect personal information
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, such as your address or phone number, please contact Management by email or by contacting the person at the address detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the Privacy Act 1988 applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
How to contact us or make a complaint
The General Manager
Canterbury Timbers Mitre 10
64-68 Cosgrove Road
South Strathfield 2136 NSW
More information about Privacy Principles is available at the website http://www.privacy.gov.au.